Youth Advisory Board
YAB connects teenagers to the Northwest's all ages arts and music scene by giving them an opportunity to be a driving force in MoPOP's teen programming.
Youth Advisory Board (YAB) members directly influence teen programming at the Museum of Pop Culture, collaborating with local musicians, artists, and community groups and promoting teen programs such as Sound Off! MoPOP’s 21 and under battle of the bands. In addition, youth create original content for The Soundboard and YAB Instagram, online social networks devoted to the all-ages music scene and actively contribute to MoPOP events and exhibit openings.
Opportunities for YAB Members
- Collaborate with local musicians, artists, and community groups
- Promote, screen, and discuss Sound Off! submissions
- Assist at events like Bumbershoot, Sound Off!, and more
- Plan annual teen night at the museum
- Curate YAB-specific gallery at MoPOP
- Develop MoPOP's youth voice and reach out to other teenagers in the community
- Help showcase MoPOP programs to the greater Seattle community
- Get an inside peek at museum exhibits and special events
- Participate and network on MoPOP's online community devoted to the NW's all-ages music and arts scene
- Actively contribute to events, assisting at exhibit openings, developing relationships with MoPOP staff
- Receive opportunities for internships or paid summer employment
The Youth Advisory Board meets twice a month on the first and third Thursdays from 5:30pm–7:30pm at MoPOP (325 5th Avenue N) between September and May 2017–2018 with some additional meetings and events. High school-aged youth can serve on YAB for up to two years.
Applications Open: June 1
Deadline to Apply: August 4
Interviews: August 15-September 1