Youth Advisory Board
YAB connects teenagers to the Northwest's all ages arts and music scene by giving them an opportunity to be a driving force in MoPOP's teen programming.
Youth Advisory Board (YAB) members directly influence teen programming at the Museum of Pop Culture, collaborating with local musicians, artists, and community groups and promoting teen programs such as Sound Off! MoPOP’s 21 and under battle of the bands. In addition, youth create original content for The Soundboard, an online social network devoted to the all-ages music scene and actively contribute to MoPOP events and exhibit openings.
Opportunities for YAB Members
- Screen and discuss Sound Off! submissions
- Assist at events like Bumbershoot, Sound Off! and more
- Develop MoPOP's youth voice and reach out to other teenagers in the community
- Help showcase MoPOP programs to the greater Seattle community
- Get an inside peek at museum exhibits and special events
- Participate and network on The Soundboard—MoPOP's online community devoted to the NW's all-ages music and arts scene
Oh Snap! Youth Photography Contest
Calling all photographers!
MoPOP’s Youth Advisory Board is hosting Oh Snap!, a photography contest highlighting live performances in the Seattle music scene.
A maximum of eight photographers will win prizes and be selected to have their photographs displayed in Soundboard Alley at MoPOP, a youth-designed and curated section of the museum.
- Open February 2-March 1
- Participants must be 25 years of age or under
- A maximum of three photos may be submitted from each participant; any form of picture will be accepted (cell phone, DSLR, Polaroid, etc.)
Enter for your chance win! Winning photos will be chosen by the Youth Advisory Board, and winners will be notified by March 1.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.