Youth Advisory Board
YAB connects teenagers to the Northwest's all ages arts and music scene by giving them an opportunity to be a driving force in MoPOP's teen programming.
Youth Advisory Board (YAB) members directly influence teen programming at the Museum of Pop Culture, collaborating with local musicians, artists, and community groups and promoting teen programs such as Sound Off! MoPOP’s 21 and under battle of the bands. In addition, youth create original content for The Soundboard, an online social network devoted to the all-ages music scene and actively contribute to MoPOP events and exhibit openings.
Opportunities for YAB Members
- Screen and discuss Sound Off! submissions
- Assist at events like Bumbershoot, Sound Off! and more
- Develop MoPOP's youth voice and reach out to other teenagers in the community
- Help showcase MoPOP programs to the greater Seattle community
- Get an inside peek at museum exhibits and special events
- Participate and network on The Soundboard—MoPOP's online community devoted to the NW's all-ages music and arts scene
New Exhibit in Soundboard Alley
RIOT GRRRL: SEATTLE STYLE
Through powerful imagery, artist Anna White highlights the region’s rising female or gender-nonconforming artists including DoNormaal, Tacocat, and others. Anna was a 2014-215 Youth Advisory Board member, and competed as part of MoPOP’s Sound Off! 2015 as the bass player for Emma Lee Toyoda.