It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights.
Friday, May 19, 2017
This event is all ages.
Join the lovers, the dreamers, and MoPOP for a most sensational opening party for the world premiere of The Jim Henson Exhibition: Imagination Unlimited.
Don't miss this family friendly night of surprises.
• Spotlight talks with Muppet performer Dave Goelz (Gonzo and others) and puppeteer Karen Prell (Fraggle Rock, Labyrinth)
• Live music from Jason Dodson (The Maldives) and Jon Pontrello (The Moondoggies), plus Brotha' Groove with a set inspired by Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
• Puppet making workshops with Seattle ReCreative
• Museum-wide scavenger hunt
• Themed crafts and activities, including Gonzo's Chicken Toss
• "Light the Lights" photo op
• Screenings of Henson's most popular TV and film work
• Food and drink specials
• Cash bar with ID
Muppet-inspired wear is encouraged.
Dave Goelz has been a principal puppeteer with The Muppets for 41 years. His characters include The Great Gonzo, Bunsen Honeydew, Zoot, Beauregard and Waldorf from The Muppet Show; Boober Fraggle, Traveling Matt and Philo the Rodentia from Fraggle Rock; Digit from The Jim Henson Hour; Rugby and Ditz from Jim Henson’s Secret Life of Toys; Stinky the Skunk from Jim Henson’s Animal Show with Stinky and Jake; and Randy the Stupid Pig and Gary Cahuenga the Vent Dummy from Muppets Tonight!
Seattle-area resident Karen Prell first puppeteered for Jim Henson on Sesame Street and The Muppet Show in 1980. She is best known for performing fan favorites Red Fraggle on the television series Fraggle Rock and The Worm in the movie Labyrinth. In 1997 Karen expanded her skills into computer animation, starting with work at Pixar Studios. She currently works as an animator at game company Valve.
Want more Muppetational fun? Don't miss the Campout Cinema screening of The Muppet Movie May 20.
Date and Time
May 19, 2017
325 5th Avenue N
Seattle, WA 98109
$34 ($28 MoPOP members, $16 youth ages 5-17, age 4 and under are free)