Social Media Manager
Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Director of Marketing
MoPOP is searching for a rockstar Social Media Manager to manage our social media programs, and drive all aspects of the brand’s social and audience-building strategy.
The ideal candidate will have marketing and growth-hacking in their DNA, and be an expert in best practices and community-building on key social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat), have a proven track record of audience building from the ground up, and be an agile content creator with a creative mind driven by KPI’s.
Experience with social KPI’s, editorial writing, and promoting diverse content within a brand voice is important. Passion about and knowledge of classic and current pop culture trends are a must.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Drive the daily maintenance and growth of MoPOP’s social media accounts.
- Hone a consistent editorial voice across all platforms.
- Create content autonomously and in collaboration with the creative studio – you must be a content creator with the ability to direct designers, animators, and videographers to produce engaging social assets and bring your vision to life.
- Ideate and execute social media marketing campaigns, contests, and engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with content, programming, and curatorial teams on best way to position and market content across social ecosystem.
- Oversee analytics reporting and provide interpretation for the larger team.
- Consult with revenue and marketing teams on integrated branded campaign execution.
- Educate broader company on social trends and editorial strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; 7+ years of hands-on experience managing social strategy for a brand or media company; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A nuanced understanding of audience growth strategies.
- An active presence 2+ social platforms.
- Experience juggling multiple projects and effectively prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Experience tracking and analyzing social KPI’s.
- Experience with editorial writing with a consistent brand voice.
- Passion about and knowledge of classic and current pop culture trends.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, SEO, and social media publishing tools.
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb ladders. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.