Facilities Maintenance Technician
Passionate about pop culture? We want you.
DEPARTMENT: FACILITIES + ENGINEERING
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Director of Museum Operations
Facility Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the operation and maintenance of the facility’s systems including, but not limited to, HVAC Systems, routine and emergency repairs to electrical systems, plumbing equipment (systems and fixtures), and other facility improvements such as doors, locks, walls, ceilings, and other equipment. The shift is a full time position Sunday-Wednesday (schedule subject to change).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED)
- Routine inspection and performance of repairs to facility fixtures and HVAC equipment
- Perform a variety of hands-on skilled craftwork including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, re-lamping, key/lock replacement, flooring and painting
- Maintain logs and other related records of work performed
- Low-voltage work
- Security Systems maintenance and repair
- Maintain work areas in a tidy and efficient condition, including, but not limited to, protecting and properly storing all materials, tools, and equipment
- Operate man lifts, forklifts, and other equipment essential for performing maintenance and repairs to the facility
- Regular/predictable attendance
- Event support and stage builds
- A high school diploma as well as a minimum of two years’ experience in the field of general facility maintenance, including specialized training in the field of electricity
- Full time, hands-on, verifiable experience in building trades
- Must acquire a Grade 5 or higher, City of Seattle Boiler license within a year of employment
- Must possess a valid Washington State Maintenance or Journeyman Electrician’s license
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proven ability to provide effective customer service for internal and external client groups
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people
- The successful candidates will be able to work safely in high and/or confined spaces, work with and/or oversee contractors in the routine performance of their duties and operate a two-way radio
- Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered and congenial when faced with multiple deadlines
WORK ENVIRONMENT + PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift 50 pounds.